Teaching and Learning
- Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative at the University of British Columbia
Resources and research on effective, evidence-based science education. While the focus is directed at the science classroom some resources are applicable to all classrooms. described can be used effectively in the college classroom.
- Instructional Strategies - UBC Okanagan
This site provides a basic overview of the most common instructional strategies as well as strategies for teaching large classes.
- Instructional Strategies - Alberta Learning
This PDF was created by Alberta education for their Health and Life Skills Curriculum. While there focus is K-9 many of the instructional strategie
- First Nations Metis, and Inuit (FMNI) Curriculum Collection
The search engine allows you to find resources and lessons to incorporate FNMI content into your course.
- Journal of Educational Technology and Society
An academic, peer-reviewed journal. Research focuses on technology that enhances learning as well as educating program developers on the needs of teachers and learners.
- Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology
An academic, peer-reviewed journal. Research focuses on educational technology and learning.
- Educational Technology Guy
This blog is written by a teacher and ed tech specialist. Find free resources related to technology and learning.
- Innovative Idea and Practices
This collection of videos highlights innovative ideas, practices and technologies and draws attention to the change taking place all around us.
- The UBC MET Daily
Daily updates of the best blog posts out there on education, technology, business, politics and the environment.
Up-to-date news source on social media, digital culture and technology.